Health coaching is growing in popularity, however, not all people understand what health coaches do. Below are 10 facts about health coaches to help you determine if seeing this type of professional might be beneficial to you.
- Health and Wellness Coach is a guide, mentor, and aide who helps a client take responsibility for his or her own health.
- A Health and Wellness Coach encourages personal responsibility.
- A Health and Wellness Coach should be seen as a source of support on your wellness journey.
- Health and Wellness Coaches may help a client to focus on weight management, food cravings, sleep, energy, stress management, smoking cessation, diabetes management, among other health empowerment areas.
- A Health and Wellness Coach does not diagnose, treat or take responsibility for bringing about wellness changes in a client’s life; rather, he/she guides and supports the client as they progress towards personal wellness goals.
- Health and Wellness Coaches tend to focus on behavioral choices along with the basic understanding of dietary patterns and overall health.
- Many Health and Wellness Coaches use a strengths-based approach: instead of aiming to correct what is not working for you, they work to build what is working well for you from a wellness standpoint.
- Health and Wellness coaches are not (unless they hold another degree) therapists, personal trainers, dietitians, nurses, etc. They are trained to aide you as you work to make positive health and wellness decisions.
- If you are looking for a Health and Wellness Coach, first start by checking with your employer. Many workplaces now offer this service as part of a health plan. Health and Wellness Coaches might also be found by contacting your local fitness facility, medical center, or through an online search.
- Because there are limited degrees specific to wellness coaching (this degree program is growing, but is still limited), individuals may want to make sure their wellness health coach has a background or degree in the specific area with which they need help (such as nutrition).
For more information, write to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out our contact form at this link: https://www.tatianakaletsch.com/contact-us/